How to Convert KITAS Investors to KITAP Investors? – If you intend to stay long in Indonesia, a permanent stay permit/KITAP is the right choice. This Stay Permit is not easy to get. However, this stay permit provides enormous benefits for foreigners who want to build a business and live in Indonesia.
This article will cover everything you need to know about the Investor KITAP and how to get it.
What is the KITAP?
KITAP is a Permanent Stay Permit Card.
A KITAP can be obtained after you have obtained a limited stay permit (KITAS) and has been extended several times. Unlike other residence permits in Indonesia, the KITAP is valid for five years.
Requirements for conversion status KITAS to KITAP Investor
The requirement to conversion the status from Limited Stay Permit (KITAS) holders to Permanent Stay Permit (KITAP) for Investors is regulated in Article 50 of the Regulation of the Investment Coordinating Board No. 6 of 2018 concerning Procedures for Licensing and Investment Facilities & Article 50 of the Regulation of the Investment Coordinating Board No. 5 of 2019 concerning Amendment to the Regulation of the Investment Coordinating Board No. 6 of 2018 concerning Guidelines and Procedures for Licensing and Investment Facilities, explains:
- As a shareholder and serving as directors or commissioners of the company with the provision of share ownership of at least Rp. 1,000,000,000.00 (one billion Rupiah) or its equivalent in United States dollars as stated in the deed; or
- As a shareholder and not as a directors or commissioners of companies with minimum share ownership Rp. 1,125,000,000.00 (one billion one hundred two fifty five million Rupiah) or its equivalent in United States dollars which listed in the deed.
- Application letter for conversion of status from sponsor;
- Statement and guarantee from the sponsor (stamped Rp. 10,000,-);
- Integration statement from the applicant (stamped Rp. 10,000,-);
- Copy of sponsor’s ID card (KTP);
- Conversion status application form;
- Original passport and photocopy;
- Certificate of domicile from the Kelurahan;
- Print out / photocopy of e-KITAS;
- Fotocopy STM;
- Fotocopy SKTT;
- For Foreign Investors (PMA) attach a Recommendation from the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM)/Ministry of Investment, company documents and KITAS holders for more than 3 (three) consecutive years);
Procedure for conversion status KITAS to KITAP investor
Application for conversion status from Limited Stay Permit (KITAS) to Permanent Stay Permit (KITAP) through the Head of the Immigration Office covering the working area and based on the area where the investor/foreigner lives.
Here are the steps:
- Checking the completeness of the documents from the requirements for the application;
- Data entry, file scanning and printing from applications;
- Payment of immigration fees / PNBP in accordance with statutory provisions;
- Data identification and verification;
- Immigration Field Supervision, if needed in connection with the consideration of the Head of the Immigration Office or the appointed Immigration Officer;
In the event that registration & supervision have been approved, it can be continued with
- Interview, identification and verification of data and taking biometric data in the form of photos and fingerprints;
- Make & sign an application letter to the Head of the Immigration Division – Ministry of law and human rights Regional Office;
- Approval of application letter for conversion status from the Head of the Immigration Division – Regional Office of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights to the Directorate General of Immigration;
- Approval of application letter for conversion status from the Directorate General of Immigration;
- Issuance of a Permanent Stay Permit Card (KITAP) and issuance of a Permanent Stay Permit stamp valid for 5 (five) years + Re-Entry Permit (MERP) valid for 2 (two) years on the passport;
When to apply for a conversion status KITAS to KITAP?
Apply within 30 (thirty) days before the expiration of the Limited Stay Permit (KITAS). But it’s better 60 days before the end, because the first stage must submit a letter of recommendation/support from the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM)/Ministry of Investment.
How long does it take for conversion status KITAS to KITAP?
Approximately 30 (thirty) working days after the application has been received correctly and completely.
Advantages of the KITAP Holders
- Can have an Indonesian ID card (KTP) with a validity period of five years;
- Can have an Indonesian Family Card (KK);
- Can make a local driver’s license (SIM) with a validity period of five years;
- Open bank & credit card accounts;
- You can pay local prices at attractions, rather than paying tourist prices;
- You can enter the country (Indonesia) and exit freely for 2 years;
- Can be extended Kitap for an unlimited time;
MERP is given a maximum of 2 years. Every 2 years + 1 year must renew the MERP. If not, then when you are abroad and want to return, but the MERP period has expired, then you are not allowed to enter Indonesia. And automatically your Kitap will be forfeited / canceled.
Therefore to obtain a KITAP for Foreign Investors (PMA), they must or have lived for more than 3 consecutive years in Indonesia, have signed a Statement of Integration with the Government of the Republic of Indonesia, and hold the position as the highest leader in the company and shareholder in Indonesia company in accordance with the laws and regulations.
If you experience difficulties and ignorance in the application process, the conversion status of Kitas to Kitap. Contact Indoservice Now!
Indoservice is an Immigration Service Consultant, as a trusted and experienced formality service provider, committed to providing the best and fast service to meet your needs for Visa, KITAS, KITAP, and other immigration documents. Contact us now at Telp. / Whatsapp at +62818-1881-1887, +62877-1449-8500 and firstname.lastname@example.org for special offers and best prices.