How to Implement an Effective Remote Working Strategy? – Remote work during a pandemic is on the rise in the world. Even though we have the ability to work from an outside office or not within the company, it has been possible during the current pandemic or maybe long before the pandemic, this system already existed. And working remotely is currently the main stream or choice during a pandemic for a company.
But is it really possible to work remotely? Sounds a bit confused? But many questions for this. Hear from people, people who have flexibility and simple lifestyle can take advantage of what life has in life, in professionalism, because they can work remotely.
Below is information on how to implement an effective remote work strategy.
What is remote working?
Remote working is a work style that allows professionals to work outside of an office environment. Working remotely is very different from the work that workers usually do every day, by coming to the office in the morning and coming home in the evening.
The concept of working remotely doesn’t need to be done in a special place. Remote work can work anywhere without a specific place to be able to carry out workers and tasks successfully.
Implement an effective remote work
1. HR involvement
HR involvement can help make it easier for remote working employees to transition and adjust by asking, listening to, understanding, and managing their job circumstances. Be it internal and external issues, personal circumstances, or the basic ability to process turbulent changes. HR managers can provide support and mentorship for their remote working employees in a number of different ways.
Below are some steps you can take to improve your remote employee engagement system in your organization or company.
- Build an engaged workforce with proper communication
- Create jobs Autonomy
- Make your organization’s goals and objectives loud and clear
- Pulse Surveys
- Built a recognition program that is most effective
- Encourage your employees to bloom
2. Workplace culture and employee experience
Workplace culture is not just about dress code, language and sustainability vision/mission. But on the contrary, workplace culture is a barometer of how well employees uphold the vision/mission of a company where they work.
There are many charts that make up the corporate culture, as follows:
- A leadership style that emphasizes flexibility
- Job satisfaction
- Opportunities for growth and development
- The company’s ability to recruit and retain the best talent
- Safe and productive work environment
- Employee mental health
- Inclusion and diversity initiatives
In remote work environments, culture is often built through tacit knowledge of the company and how it works.
All experiences that an employee has with company management while working, starting from recruiting, onboarding, career development, until the worker resigns from the company are the main and important things that must be considered. Why? because by looking at all of this it can help companies in assessing the career path of the workers themselves.
According to Gallup in several ways, the definition of employee experience is the journey that employees take with your organization. This includes all interactions employees have with the organization before, during and after their employment.”
Tips on how to build a Positive Employee Experience for Remote Workers, as follows:
- Optimize Your Onboarding Process
- Connect Employees with Mission
- Support Work-Life Balance
- Listen to Your Team
- Keep Communication Lines Open
- Focus on Mental Health
- Provide Professional Development Opportunities
- Building a Connected Company Culture
- Provide the Right Technology Tools
3. Maintaining compliance
By first considering how the compliance program operates remotely. Here are some things that can be done and help companies to ensure their compliance programs remain effective while employees are working remotely.
- Update Compliance Policies
- Rethink How Employees Are Trained
- Ensure Anonymous Reporting Systems Are Available
- Remind Employees How to Handle Company Information
- Consider Increased Compliance Auditing
4. Consider the costs
Remote working has various benefits and great advantages for a company as well as for employees such as better work life balance, increased job satisfaction and more. In addition, allowing employees to work remotely can save costs/operational costs for daily trips to the office.
How can companies save money with remote employees?
- Real estate requirements are significantly reduced when only a handful of essential staff need to be on site. In the sense that you don’t need to rent an office to work. Because with remote working you can work anywhere
- Remote work means less money spent on continuity of operations. Remote employees reduce costs associated with computers, telephones, electricity, heating and air conditioning, and all the other small necessities that keep an office running
- Hiring remote employees who work in strategic locations allows the company to have a greater presence in the region – employees who know the local language, culture and customs
- Remote workers are more productive
- Remote work reduces turnover
- Remote work reduces absenteeism
- Complete elimination of costs associated with on-site injuries
- Remote workers mean no need for commuting benefits
- Remote work gives you the freedom to hire the right candidate
- Remote work can save you from a risky offshore business
- Hiring full-time remote global workers is the best way your business can save money
5. Data security risks
There are many types of cyberthreats that businesses need to be aware of, including malware, ransomware, phishing attacks, and social engineering hacks. This can lead to data theft or corruption, financial loss due to downtime or lost productivity, loss of customer trust and damage to reputation, regulatory fines or penalties, and even business closure in extreme cases.
Top Security Risks of Remote Working:
- GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation and remote working
- Phishing Emails
- Weak Passwords
- Unsecured Home Devices
- Unencrypted File Sharing
- Open Home WiFi Networks
6. Establish clear communication
Clear communication is one of the most important things in maintaining a working relationship with each other. Good, strong and lasting communication at all levels of positions in the organization can help work in a company. In addition, clear communication provides clear lines of communication quickly builds trust among employees, leading to increased productivity, results and general morale.
Remote workers, it is very important to always communicate. Why? due to poor communication which can lead to unmotivated and uninformed staff/workers overall.
Below are the right technologies to communicate effectively that you can use to work remotely.
- Direct messaging
- Phone calls
Apart from the technologies mentioned above, there are several key areas where organizations can improve and improve communication:
- Define goals and expectations
- Convey the message clearly
- Get everyone involved
- Listen to all feedback given by team members
Along with progress. Remote work is becoming more and more used by many companies. Besides being able to save costs, working remotely can help the company’s business run smoothly.
If you’re looking for remote work, there’s never been a better time to research your options. Use the services of resources such as the Indoservice professional network.
Indoservice is a modern employment agency, that’s why we offer Recruitment services for your company’s needs. Our professional Recruitment Service can help. Contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Call/WhatsApp +62818-1881-1887 for more information.