Indonesia Immigration Starts to Open e-Visa Services for Callin0g Visa Countries – The Directorate General of Immigration at the Ministry of Law and Human Rights began opening an electronic visa service (e-Visa) for foreigners from calling visa countries. The service, which was closed due to COVID-19 pandemic. It has been reopened in the service opening trial on Friday, November 20, 2020 yesterday. And on Monday, 23 November 2020 it has been fully opened.
What is Calling Visa? A calling visa country is a country whose condition or state is considered to have a certain level of vulnerability in terms of ideological, political, economic, social, cultural, defense and security aspects, and immigration aspects.
What Countries are Included in The Calling Visa Country?
Based on the Decree of the Minister of Justice No. M. 01-IZ.01-10 1995, there are 38 countries that are included in the Calling Visa list. This number has gradually decreased after taking into account the current situation of the country concerned and the cooperative relationship it has built with Indonesia. In 2001, the number of countries on the Calling Visa list was reduced to 24 countries, then shrunk again to 19 countries. Based on the Regulation of the Director General of Immigration Number IMI-1837.GR.01.06 of 2010, there are 13 countries that are included in the list. Around 2012 – 2013, three countries left the Calling Visa list, leaving only 10 more.
Based on the Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights Number: M.HH-02.GR.01.06 of 2017 concerning Procedures for Determining Calling Visas and Granting Visas to Citizens of Calling Visas, Countries Deemed Prone to Ideology, Politics, Economy, Social, Culture , national defense and security, to immigration.
There are 9 countries on the list, the current list number is decreasing from before as follows:
Note: Pakistan is said to be a calling visa country by the Indonesian Government. However, now the status of the calling visa category country has been revoked by the Government of Indonesia. So that Pakistani citizens who come to Indonesia no longer need to take care of the immigration process through calling visas.
Furthermore, foreign guarantor from the calling visa subject country can submit an application through the site https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/. Meanwhile, foreign workers/expatriate can upload application documents through the site https://tka-online.kemnaker.go.id/default.asp belonging to the Ministry of Manpower.
The process of examining the e-Visa application for citizens of the calling visa subject country involves an assessment team consisting of:
1. Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
2. Ministry of Home Affairs.
3. Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
4. Ministry of Manpower.
5. The National Police of the Republic of Indonesia.
6. Attorney General’s Office.
7. State Intelligence Agency.
8. The Indonesian National Army Strategic Intelligence Agency and,
9. National Narcotics Agency.
The entire team will hold a coordination meeting to assess whether a person is eligible or not to be granted a visa by:
1. To evaluate a country whose condition or state has a certain level of vulnerability;
2. Provide recommendations to the Minister in determining the Calling Visa Country;
3. Provide recommendations to the Director General of Immigration in approving or rejecting a visa application.
4. State Evaluation of Calling Visas by the visa assessor coordination team as referred to in Article 3 of the Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights Number: M.HH-01.GR.01.06 of 2012 carried out both periodically and incidentally.
5. Periodic evaluation is carried out at least 1 (one) time within 1 (one) year.
6. Incidental evaluation is carried out at any time as needed
What is Requirements for e-Visa applications for citizens of countries calling visa through the Director General of Immigration?
1. Sponsor data. Either, individual or corporate sponsorship;
2. After all the documents are ready, the applicant can send or bring all the requirements to the RI representative office in their home country. (If there is no Indonesian representative office in the country of origin, the application must be sent to the Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok or the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore).
3. Facsimile News (brafaks) from RI Representatives abroad, which proves that the person concerned has applied for a visa at the RI representative containing data on foreigners from the calling visa country accompanied by complete administrative documents of the guarantor;
4. The applicant will receive a supporting letter from the Indonesian Embassy. Then, the applicant must send the supporting letter to the sponsor in Indonesia.
5. Sponsors in Indonesia must come directly to the Head Office of Immigration, Directorate General of Immigration, Ministry of Law and Human Rights which is located at Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav. 8-9, South Jakarta.
6. Here the sponsor will face a Calling Visa meeting forum whose job it is to assess the application. In this session, the assessment team consisting of representatives from various competent agencies will conduct interviews with the applicant’s sponsor or guarantor.
7. After the interview is over and the applicant’s submission is received, the approval letter is issued by the Directorate General of Immigration. This approval letter will be sent by the sponsor to the applicant in the country of origin. Then, the applicant brings the letter to the RI representative office in his country as a condition of getting a visa.
Special Provisions In some situations, Indonesian representative offices abroad can issue Self-Authorization Visas to foreigners who come from countries on the Calling Visa list with the following conditions.
Other requirements as stipulated in Government Regulation Number 31 of 2013 concerning Implementation Regulations of Law Number 6 of 2011 concerning Immigration. Representatives of the Republic of Indonesia can issue visas on their own power (without the approval of the Director General of Immigration) for citizens of calling visas to have a Permanent Residence Card for those residing outside their country of origin, as long as the visit is within the framework of:
1. Conference activities or training programs organized by government agencies and / or international organizations under the United Nations;
2. Investment activities in the territory of Indonesia; Discussion of business sector activities; Socio-cultural activities.
Note: Currently Indonesia has implemented an e-Visa, where sponsor foreign nationals can directly apply for an e-Visa on the official website of the Directorate General of Immigration at https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/.
If you have difficulties and incomprehension in the Visa Application process. We are Indoservice, Consultant Immigration Service, as a reliable and experienced formality service provider, committed to providing the best and fast service to meet your needs for Visa, KITAS, KITAP, and other immigration documents. Contact us now for special offers.