Updating Information for International Travelers to Indonesia – Responding to what happened was the discovery of a new variant of SARS-CoV-2 in South Wales, England and the increase in the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in Europe and Australia. So that additional special provisions are needed for travelers from abroad to protect travelers.
Simultaneously with the Addendum to Circular Number 3 of 2020 concerning Travel Health Protocols for People During Christmas Holidays and welcoming the New Year 2021 celebrations during the 2019 Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19) Pandemic, we conveyed the following:
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Addendum to this Circular Letter is to implement the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) health protocol during the 2020 Christmas and New Year 2021 holidays accompanied by monitoring, control and evaluation in order to prevent an increase in the transmission of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid- 19) new mutated variants such as SARS-CoV-2 VUI 202012/01 reported in England.
1. Foreign travelers from the England who enter Indonesia, either directly or transiting in a foreign country, cannot enter Indonesia.
2. International travelers and Indonesian citizens from Europe Countries and Australia who enter Indonesia, either directly or transiting, must provide negative results of the RT-PCR test in the host countries with is valid a maximum of 2 x 24 hours before departure time and present it during a health examination or e-Hac International Indonesia.
3. Indonesian citizens traveling from England follow the provisions set forth in number 2
4. If the results of the RT-PCR re-examination on arrival are negative, then:
– Indonesian citizens quarantine for 5 days from arrival at the place that has been provided by the Government;
– Foreign National will self-quarantine at own expense at hotels appointed by the Government;
5. Foreign Ambassador Representatives and family to Indonesia may self-quarantine at their residences for 5 days.
6. Diplomats must a 5-days self-quarantine at accommodation provided by the Government.
7. If the person who is re-tested for RT-PCR on arrival shows a positive result, then the Indonesian Citizen’s will be sent to the hospital (is not charged) by the government and foreigner’s are sent to hospital at own expense.
8. If the person who is tested for the RT-PCR examination on arrival shows a negative result, the Indonesian citizen and foreign nationals will be allowed to enter Indonesia.
The information above is valid until 31 December 2020. Foreign Nationals can still be allowed to enter Indonesia.
Previously reported, the Indonesian government has held a meeting regarding the new Corona virus strain which is said to be more contagious. Indonesia closes access for foreigners from January 1 to 14, 2021.
The limited cabinet meeting of 28 December 2020 decided to temporarily close, from 1 to 14 January 2021, the entry of foreign nationals from all countries to Indonesia (Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said in a press conference broadcast on YouTube’s Presidential Secretariat, Monday (28/12/2020).
For Indonesian citizens and foreigners arriving before the closure takes effect, until December 31, the rules will apply according to the provisions in the addendum to the Covid-19 Handling Task Force Circular Number 3 of 2020 (in the article above). However, if within the specified time period cannot return or cannot enter, then Circular Number 4 of 2020 concerning Travel Health Protocols in the 2019 Corona Virus Disease Pandemic (Covid-19) is enacted, we conveyed the following:
1. Whereas a new variant of SARS-CoV-2 has been found in South Wales, England, i.e : SARS-CoV-2 variant B117, so special provisions are needed for foreign travelers to protect Indonesian citizens (WNI) from imported case.
2. Whereas there has been an increase in the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV-2 variants of B117 so that special provisions are required for foreign travelers to protect Indonesian citizens (WNI) from imported cases.
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of this Circular Letter is to implement the 2019 Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) health protocol accompanied by monitoring, control and evaluation in order to prevent an increase in the transmission of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) including new variants which has mutated into the SARS-CoV-2 variant B117 reported in the England.
The temporary closing period for the entry of foreign nationals (WNA) from all countries to Indonesia is referred to in this Circular Letter is January 1 2021, until 14 january 2021.
The scope of this Circular Letter is the Health Protocol for International Traveller.
For International Traveller must comply with the following conditions:
a. Temporarily close the entry of foreign nationals (WNA) from all countries to Indonesia.
b. The provisions in the Addendum to the COVID-19 Handling Task Force Circular No. 3/2020, apply to all foreigners arriving today, December 28 to December 31, 2020.
c. Indonesian citizens traveling abroad will still follow the health protocol stipulated by the government.
d. Foreign travelers from all foreign countries who will enter Indonesia, either directly or transiting in a foreign country, are temporarily prohibited from entering Indonesia, except holders of diplomatic visas and official visas related to official visits of foreign officials at ministerial level and above with the application of very strict health protocols.
e. Exempted foreigner from abroad.
i. Holders of diplomatic stay permit and service stay permit.
ii. Holders of limited stay permit (KITAS) and permanent residence permit (KITAP).
f. Travelers who are Indonesian citizens from all foreign countries who enter Indonesia, either directly or transiting in a foreign country, must show negative results through the RT-PCR test in the country of origin whose samples are taken within a maximum period of 2 x 24 hours before the hour of departure and attached at the time of health examination or Indonesian International e-HAC;
g. Upon arrival, RT-PCR retests are conducted for travelers and are required to undergo 5 days of quarantine for Indonesian citizens at special quarantine accommodation provided by the government and for foreigners in quarantine accommodation at independent costs (Hotels / Lodging) who have received certification for the implementation of COVID-19 quarantine accommodation by the Ministry of Health;
h. In the event that the results of the RT-PCR re-examination on arrival show a positive result, treatment is carried out in the hospital for Indonesian citizens at the cost of being borne by the government and for foreigners at their own expense;
i. After 5 days of quarantine starting from the date of arrival for Indonesian citizens and foreigners, RT-PCR3 is re-examined;
j. In the case of a negative result as referred to in letter i, for Indonesian citizens and foreigners are allowed to continue their journey;
k. In the case of a positive result as referred to in letter i, treatment is carried out in the hospital for Indonesian citizens at the cost of being borne by the government and for foreigners at independent costs.
Some of this information was obtained from the Satgas Penanganan Covid-19 website:
and several other sources.
and translate itself without changing the original in conveying the information. We Indoservice will always update the information if there is an new update about Travel for travelers.