Prohibition of Foreigners from Entering Indonesia – The government officially prohibits foreign nationals (WNA) from entering Indonesian territory during the Implementation of Level 4 Community Activities Restrictions Enforcement (PPKM). The prohibition and expansion of restrictions on foreigners entering Indonesia is carried out in order to suppress the spread of the Virus which is currently endemic (pandemic).
The prohibition is effective as of July 21, 2021 and is contained in the regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia Number 27 of 2021 concerning Restrictions of Foreigners Entering Indonesian Territory In The Period of Community Activities Restrictions Enforcement (PPKM).
In the regulation there are 5 categories of foreign nationals who are still allowed to enter Indonesia.
5 Categories of Foreign Nationals Who are Still Allowed to Enter Indonesia
Here, below is a list of foreigners who can enter the territory of Indonesia:
- Foreigner holding diplomatic Visa and Service/Official Visa.
- Foreigners holding diplomatic Stay Permits and Service/Official Stay Permits.
- Foreigners holding limited Stay Permits and Permanent Stay Permits.
- Foreigners for health and humanitarian purposes.
- The crew of the conveyance that comes with the conveyance.
Foreigners as referred to above can enter the territory of Indonesia after fulfilling the health protocol in accordance with the provisions of the legislation.
Exceptions to foreigners with health and humanitarian purposes as referred to above are granted after receiving a recommendation from the ministry/institution that carries out the C*vid handling function.
Thus, foreign nationals who previously came as foreign workers, part of national strategic projects or foreigners with the aim of family union and for business purposes can no longer enter Indonesia as regulated in this regulation.
- The government gives time/dispensation or transition of two days from the issuance of this regulation for foreigners who want to or are on their way to Indonesia to still be allowed to enter.
- At the time this Ministerial Regulation comes into force, the Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights Number 26 of 2020 concerning On Visa And Stay Permit in The New Normal (State Gazette of the Republic of Indonesia of 2020 Number 1139), is revoked and declared invalid.
Indoservice always tries to provide the latest information, related to foreigners and Immigration services during the Pandemic.
If there is an update again, we will provide information at https://indoservice.co.id/blog/ or https://indoservice.co.id/category/information-update/