Many people have worked all their lives in one country. Wishing for a change in retirement is a dream, those who can spend their retirement and old age overseas are lucky ones. Moving overseas for retirement is an exciting opportunity to rediscover your life, and it also offers an opportunity to reduce costs.
Spending retirement and old age overseas is certainly not easy. A lot of information is needed before deciding / considering running a retirement overseas. Whatever the reason for retiring overseas, arranging everything in advance before leaving is one of the most important things to consider.
This article will discuss the Stay Permit for Elderly Tourist (Retirement) In Indonesia, including the application process and document requirements.
The Reasons for Foreigners to Spend Retirement Overseas?
- Because the cost of living outside the country itself is much cheaper;
- Because they want to feel adventure and experience different cultures;
- Because they are capable;
Then, is it possible for foreigners who have entered retirement age to live and settle in Indonesia?
In accordance with the Decree of the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Indonesia No. M.04-IZ.01.02 of 1998 concerning the Granting of Immigration Visas and Permits for Foreign Seniors and Attachments to the Decree of the Director General of Immigration No. F. 492-UM.01.10, April 18, 2002 concerning Guidelines for the Implementation of Visas and Immigration Permits for Overseas Elderly Travelers, grants permits to foreign tourists who are at least 55 years of age who wish to spend their retirement in Indonesia.
What are the Requirements to Apply for a Limited Stay Visa/Permit for Elderly Tourist (Retirement) and Who can Sponsor?
- Guarantee letter from the Guarantor which is a Tourism Bureau;
- Photocopy of National Passport which is original and still valid for at least 18 (eighteen) months;
- Company business license and tourist travel agency taxpayer identification number;
- Curriculum vitae, employment history and education of the Foreigner concerned;
- Evidence from a pension fund institution or bank from the country of origin or in Indonesia that proves the availability of funds of at least US$1500 (one thousand five hundred US dollars per month to meet the necessities of life while in Indonesia;
- Health insurance, death, and legal liability to third parties in the civil sector either in the country of origin or in Indonesia;
- Proof of staying in accommodation facilities available in Indonesia based on the purchase of accommodation facilities of at least US$35,000 (thirty five thousand US dollars) or rent per month at least;
– US$500 (five hundred American dollars) for the Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Bandung and Bali;
– US$300 (three hundred US dollars) for other areas on the islands of Java, Batam, and Medan; or
– US$200 (two hundred American dollars) other than the area as referred to in number 1 and number 2;
- The statement will employ at least 2 (two) Indonesian citizens.
- Pass photo with a red background;
Who can Sponsor?
The Elderly Travel Bureau is a business entity that carries out activities to assist in the management of facilities for the benefit of elderly foreign tourists who meet the requirements determined by the Minister of Culture and Tourism/Corporations with the type of business of a travel agency or travel agent activity.
List of Countries that can Apply for Limited Stay Permit Elderly Tourist (Retirement) In Indonesia
a. Argentina, Australia, Austria;
b. Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria;
c. Canada, Cyprus;
e. Egypt, Estonia;
f. Finland, France;
g. Germany, Greece;
i. India, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Italy;
l. Liechtenstein, Luxemburg;
m. Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Monaco:
n. Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway;
p. Philippines, Poland, Portugal;
u. United Arab Emirates;
s. Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland;
t. Taiwan, Thailand;
u. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America;
Citizens from these countries can NOT apply for a retirement:
- North Korea;
Length of Stay for Elderly Tourist Limited Stay Permit/Kitas Holders
Valid for 1 (one) year and can be extended a maximum of 5 times and can be converted from Limited Stay Permit (Kitas) to Permanent Stay Permit (Kitap).
The fifth extension of the Limited Stay Permit is carried out by the Head of the Immigration Office after obtaining written approval from the Director General of Immigration through the consideration of the Head of the Regional Office of the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights in this case the Coordinator of Immigration Affairs or the Head of the Immigration Division.
Benefits of Limited Stay Permit/Kitas for Elderly Holders?
- Qualify to stay in Indonesia for many years;
- Allowed to enter and leave Indonesia based on the Stay permit held;
- Can open a local bank account;
- Can employ TKI to assist their needs while in Indonesia;
- Allowed to rent a plot of land/property;
How to Apply for a Visa for Elderly Tourist (Retirement) In Indonesia?
To apply for a retirement visa in Indonesia, you must hire an Indonesian pension/travel agent to act as a sponsor. Agencies that can act as sponsors are appointed by the Ministry of Tourism and the Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration.
Be sure to research the company you want to hire thoroughly so you know they are a reputable company.
It is very important to know all about the Stay Permit of the elderly in Indonesia, both the completeness of the documents for the application of the Limited Stay Permit / Kitas for the elderly and the procedures that must be followed.
If you want to be fast, you should use a trusted and experienced Kitas management service.
Indoservice, Immigration Service Consultant, as a trusted and experienced formality service provider, is committed to providing the best and fast service to meet your needs for Visa, KITAS, KITAP, and other immigration documents. Call us now at Telp./Whatsapp +6281818811887 & +6287714498500 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for special offers and best prices.